CF express cards

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I recently went to Lake Clark National Park in Alaska and ran out of card room in my Z9. First time ever to see the camera flashing FULL.
Thankfully my friend had extra cards. Anyhow, now I’m looking at getting new larger cards. I’m mostly familiar with Delkin black. I see a Delkin power 2 tb on Amazon. I’ve been hearing about read and write speeds. Stewart’s photo suggested I get the 1.3 tb with a faster read and write. My husband pointed out other brands but I don’t know what’s good and what’s not. If I’m going for a week somewhere I’m taking tents and such and leaving laptop home I want two 2 TB cards im thinking. I need to schooled on memory cards. What to get and what not to get. I do not do video at all.

I'm using SABRENT Rocket CFX PRO 2TB for both Z9 and Z8. No overheat in either camera even in direct Florida sun at 95F+ and (very) high humidity.
Actually, I'm also using Sabrent drives (NVMe) in all my computers and they never had let me down.

As for Delkin: Power series is a standard run-off-the-mill card, and Black is way overpriced to my taste. Same applies to Prograde (average card for Silver-Gold-Platinum series, and way overpriced Cobalt one).

Don't get me wrong: both Delkin Black and Prograde Cobalt are excellent cards, but they are just overkill and overhype for Z9, especially if you don't do video. If you were using GFX100II it would be a different story...

Just never buy a Sandisk.

Last edited:
I’m mostly familiar with Delkin black. I see a Delkin power 2 tb on Amazon. I’ve been hearing about read and write speeds. Stewart’s photo suggested I get the 1.3 tb with a faster read and write. My husband pointed out other brands but I don’t know what’s good and what’s not.
There have been several threads on this topic on BCG Forums over the past year or two, and there are a variety of opinions, as well.

With my Z9 & Z8 I use 650 Gb Delkin Black and ProGrade Cobalt cards. Occasionally B&H has them on sale at an attractive discount. I shoot images in HE* RAW format and I have not had a buffering problem doing 20 fps bursts with either brand.

As I mentioned earlier, there are other good brand options but the two I’ve used work quite well for me.

These two brands (and others) have Gen 4 cards available in 1.3Tb capacity. The Gen 4 standard enables nearly double the read/write speed of the prior generation but no cameras support Gen 4 speeds yet.

Last edited:
Back