CFExpress type b card not showing on MacBook after LR installation

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I finally downloaded Photoshop/Lightroom recently. I connected my dual slot ProGrade reader and Sony card and downloaded 3500 images and culled them with no problem. The next day and since my MacBook will not recognize the CFExpress card, but, does recognize SD cards from the dual slot ProGrade reader. Can anyone help? Thanks

I connected my dual slot ProGrade reader and Sony card and downloaded 3500 images and culled them with no problem. The next day and since my MacBook will not recognize the CFExpress card, but, does recognize SD cards from the dual slot ProGrade reader. Can anyone help? Thanks

Is this card reader an SD/XQD reader? CFe needs either its own reader or the expensive Sony one that has XQD and CFe slots. I got a cheap Intergral CFe reader in the UK on Amazon for about 40GBP.

Are you saying that the CFe card was detected before you installed LR and PS?

Is this card reader an SD/XQD reader? CFe needs either its own reader or the expensive Sony one that has XQD and CFe slots. I got a cheap Intergral CFe reader in the UK on Amazon for about 40GBP.

Are you saying that the CFe card was detected before you installed LR and PS?

It is a SD/CFEXPRESS reader and yes, CFe card was detected before I installed LR and PS. I have been using it since April.

OK. Can you import from the CFe card in the reader not using LR? Can your Mac see the images? PC myself so I don't know if Macs have any foibles.
No. I’m not seeing the CFe card at all on the Mac, not even when connecting directly from my camera. I can see the images on the camera back, so I assume the card works.

No. I’m not seeing the CFe card at all on the Mac, not even when connecting directly from my camera. I can see the images on the camera back, so I assume the card works.

So if you are not seeing the CFe card on the Mac, what was detecting the CFe card before? " yes, CFe card was detected before I installed LR and PS. "

Just so I'm clear, the card isn't being recognized by the Mac entirely, or is it just LR that's not recognizing it?

After shooting XQD for years with Nikon, I was frustrated that when I put the CF Express card in for the first time Lightroom's import dialogue didn't pop up. What I've discovered since is that, at least with a Mac, the CF Express mounts as a disc drive and not as temporary storage (like the SD and XQD cards), so Lightroom doesn't "see it" automatically. In order to import from it I have to manually open the Import dialogue and navigate to it, and I have to manually eject the drive afterward because LR's automatic ejection after import doesn't work.

But I do see the card.

Just so I'm clear, the card isn't being recognized by the Mac entirely, or is it just LR that's not recognizing it?

The card isn’t being recognized by the Mac at all, either as a hard drive or as removable media or anything else. This has been the case after using LR the first time. I’ve had no problems using it for months with Capture One.

The card isn’t being recognized by the Mac at all, either as a hard drive or as removable media or anything else. This has been the case after using LR the first time. I’ve had no problems using it for months with Capture One.
After inserting the card into the reader have you opened the Disk Utility to see if the computer is recognizing that it's at least in the slot and simply not mounting it? I've had that happen occasionally with external backup drives and when it does I have to reboot before it will recognize it again. If you see it in the utility try mounting it manually and see what happens. If you don't see it then I'm guessing you need to contact Apple support.

Back