Charging a Nikon Z8 with a battery pack

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hello everybody, a question for you. I have two Z8, one purchased Aug 23 and one Jul 24. When I connect the cameras to the specific battery pack recommended by Nikon with the on/off switch on off, in the oldest i get a few blinking of the associated little light and after that nothing and with the newest I get a continuous light and the nikon battery gets charged. Something that does not happen with the older. Can somebody explain the difference? May be the newer models were modified so to charge also the internal battery? Both have the V2.1 software installed. Cable for connection is the same.

there are some charging related settings in the menu

Correct, OP should check under the Spanner icon, 6th setting from the bottom, “USB Power Delivery” and set it to ‘on’.

If that is activated, the green light on the back will flash a couple of times, and then the orange light on the side above the port covers should come on until the battery is fully charged, once a source is connected to the USB PD port.

Last edited:
Back