If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
One morning at Rooiputs in the Kgalagadi TFP, we encountered two cheetah brothers drinking. Their thirst slaked, the left north. This dead tree trunk is part of a massive camelthorn tree that collapsed. What followed was a dream come true - cheetahs like we thought we would never see in SA, out in the open on a tree (though dead) and against the sky, marking their territory.
I think our grins went round our heads, only our ears stopped it!
These are two images I merged horizontal as I did not want to have the image squashed with the 80-400, which I also used extensively.

01540W D500 5144.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

The making continued, and continued and continued . . .

01551W D500 5177.jpg

Some more sniffing

01546W D850 7599.jpg

And it had to end

01670W D850 7841.jpg

01545W D850 7586.jpg

One morning at Rooiputs in the Kgalagadi TFP, we encountered two cheetah brothers drinking. Their thirst slaked, the left north. This dead tree trunk is part of a massive camelthorn tree that collapsed. What followed was a dream come true - cheetahs like we thought we would never see in SA, out in the open on a tree (though dead) and against the sky, marking their territory.
I think our grins went round our heads, only our ears stopped it!
These are two images I merged horizontal as I did not want to have the image squashed with the 80-400, which I also used extensively.

View attachment 86776

The making continued, and continued and continued . . .

View attachment 86778

Some more sniffing

View attachment 86779

And it had to end

View attachment 86780

View attachment 86781
Superb images in a wonderful setting.
Happy trails Callie.