If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Bill M

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Z62_0256.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Z62_0260.jpg
Z62_0244.jpg

Lovely captures! Well done. Was too early last year and will be too late this year. Maybe next year..
Thanks. Last day of festival and the blooms were slightly blasted out. However, on this day I think there may have been more people out than blooms.

HA - finally I found them. I am in a Japan and they are very late. Oprah went to Kyoto to see them and they were no where to be seen. I hope by the end of the trip we find a big bloom.

Beautiful! I visted a friend who lived in DC (sheesh, 20 years ago, now) and we timed it so I'd hopefully catch the blossoms, but some stormy weather the day before I arrived pretty much meant I got to see a blanket and not a canopy of blossoms :) I believe that's the Jefferson memorial pictured, yes? (If I'm actually identifying it properly I'll be amazed) We were sitting on the steps of TJ memorial, off to the side one evening, sun was down, and we heard this most angelic of sounds, ever. Truly, neither of us religious whatsoever, but we turned to each other with a look of 'do you hear that!?" We investigated and found 5 choir students in DC for some choir conference who were singing under the memorial's dome -- just amazing; never heard anything like it before or since. Made up for the missed blossoms. Sorry for the ramble, but your great shots of DC prompted that memory.

Beautiful! I visted a friend who lived in DC (sheesh, 20 years ago, now) and we timed it so I'd hopefully catch the blossoms, but some stormy weather the day before I arrived pretty much meant I got to see a blanket and not a canopy of blossoms :) I believe that's the Jefferson memorial pictured, yes? (If I'm actually identifying it properly I'll be amazed) We were sitting on the steps of TJ memorial, off to the side one evening, sun was down, and we heard this most angelic of sounds, ever. Truly, neither of us religious whatsoever, but we turned to each other with a look of 'do you hear that!?" We investigated and found 5 choir students in DC for some choir conference who were singing under the memorial's dome -- just amazing; never heard anything like it before or since. Made up for the missed blossoms. Sorry for the ramble, but your great shots of DC prompted that memory.
Thanks Steven. Always a gamble with the timing. And yes it is the Jefferson Memorial.