If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The Cherry Blossoms at the Tidal Basin reached peak bloom within the last day, so I, and many others, were there to photograph them during this morning's sunrise. All taken with a Nikon D850 and 14-70 mm lens.

cherry_blossoms_3-22-2022-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
cherry_blossoms_3-22-2022-3.jpg
cherry_blossoms_3-22-2022-4.jpg

cherry_blossoms_3-22-2022-5.jpg

Last edited:
Reminds me of my days in DC…we used to run down there from up by the Japanese Embassy in NW and back. Went down 1 day during the blossom season and deliberately ran pretty slow while going around the basin. This Japanese couple was there and the wife backed right into me as I ran along the edge of the water…smacked right into her and put my arms around her so she didn’t fall in as she was past the point of no return on her own. Luckily my running buddy was right behind me and yanked me and by extension her back away from the edge. I thought the poor woman was going to die from embarrassment…but I was about as bad as I just wrapped my sweaty arms around the top of her dress and clutched her to my bare sweaty chest…but n9 harm no foul, we both apologized and went on. Must have run around the basin 100 times and probably 20 of those during the blossom season and that was the only issue we ever had.

Also running up Exorcist steps near Georgetown University frequently…

And I should have complimented the images as well…they’re excellent and I had no intention to hijack the thread…they just brought back to mind the old days of early 2000s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hut