Chicago Botanic Orchid Show

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
My wife and I went to the Chicago Botanic Geradern.s orchid show on March 15. It will close on 27 Mar. After missing the last two years like a lot of other things, it was a very enjoyable visit. I shot two setups - Nikjon D850 with the long discontinued Nikkor Micro 70-180 f/4.5-5.6 lrns and the Z6 with the Nikkor MC 105. f/2.8S This first set are from the D850/70-180mm gear. I will make a separate post later with shots from the Z6. Next year I will probebly try to go on a photographers dat when you can bring a tripod. Then I can try some focus shift shots with my Z9 which ///i exoect to have in hand well before that date.

OrchidShow.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
OrchidShow-2.jpg
OrchidShow-3.jpg
OrchidShow-4.jpg
OrchidShow-5.jpg

Nice, love the colors.
Thank you. Flowers are a favorite of mine, either at a good Botanical Garden like Chicago or Longwood or at home since my wife was a florist for several years and her garden's are quite good from may to October.

Very nice. THe CBG is one of my favorite places to shoot. I was there the morning of the 15th when the opened for photographers.

Reactions: JAS
Very nice. THe CBG is one of my favorite places to shoot. I was there the morning of the 15th when the opened for photographers.
I considered going on a Photographer Day but live in Milwaukee and that was a bit too early for us. Maybe next year. Love the Garden and expect we will make a few more trips this year.

Back