Chicks dig a big snood.....

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

KurtT

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Well...... at least hens do according to the Audobon society page and also a blood engorged wattle. By those terms, this guy is one sexy beast!!! I know I already posted some turkey pics but this guy showed up yesterday in a very colorful display with a lovely pose warranting another post of a closeup. sorry.
DSC_3663-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Don't be sorry, everyone loves Wild Turkeys! Keep em' coming, and great shot!
Thanks Woody. I actually despise them (outside of photographing them) as they are quite the nuisance around the house clawing at bark in planter beds and big turkey plops around water fountain but sometimes their shows make up for it....nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks Woody. I actually despise them (outside of photographing them) as they are quite the nuisance around the house clawing at bark in planter beds and big turkey plops around water fountain but sometimes their shows make up for it....nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Dang, sound a lot like the geese here in the winter, messing up all the high school tracks and golf courses.

Dang, sound a lot like the geese here in the winter, messing up all the high school tracks and golf courses.
They are worse than geese cause they are at my house! Fortuitous post, I was just outside complaining to the misses that the damn turkey pooped in the fountain again....and they are not small, size of a AA egg. Currently around 20 or so cruising the property daily. I need the mountain lion to switch to white meat from red for awhile!

We have a flock of 50 to 60 birds hanging around the duck club. None of us hunt turkeys, the wild ones just aren't worth eating. We had some coyotes trim them down a couple of years ago, probably time for them to come back and do it again.

We have a flock of 50 to 60 birds hanging around the duck club. None of us hunt turkeys, the wild ones just aren't worth eating. We had some coyotes trim them down a couple of years ago, probably time for them to come back and do it again.

I haven't seen coyotes of late. I have around 3, fox was thru about a week ago and we have had 3 deer kills as close as 300yards or less from house. They come in daily for seed from bird feeder, may have to cut off all the birds for awhile. Nobody here hunts these either. I see these hunting shows boasting about careful stealth camo, turkey calls, blinds to get these wily birds... I said all you need is a lawn chair , fountain and a big rock!

Also since you said retired marine, maybe of interest is this bird which has been flying over past 2 weekends. Somebody restored locally.
DSC_5916-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back