Clark's Grebes Fish Hand Off

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RecalcitrantRon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
RJS_3067.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

A beautifully captured moment, well done.

Maybe brighten the image a little with a levels adjustment. Also, there appear to be some dust bunnies and other oof blurs which could easily be removed.

A beautifully captured moment, well done.

Maybe brighten the image a little with a levels adjustment. Also, there appear to be some dust bunnies and other oof blurs which could easily be removed.
I need to look at my MacBook settings because it looks fine there, but I agree it is a little dark here. I agree, those out of ofcus spots, especially the ones in the lower right area are a distraction. Thanks.

I need to look at my MacBook settings because it looks fine there, but I agree it is a little dark here. I agree, those out of ofcus spots, especially the ones in the lower right area are a distraction. Thanks.
You may find the histogram is more helpful than the monitor. I think you will find that it is weighted to the left and can be stretched more to the right.

Lovely image showing the gentle interaction between parent and juvenile. The pano crop was a good choice. It does look a bit dark on my calibrated monitor. Is your MacBook calibrated? If not, it may be set too bright. Also zap the spots in the center to upper right corner. Zoom in about 75-100%. The clean up will make a big difference.

I like this image a lot but I agree with others that it is too dark. The items that are dust bunnies could also be insects. I had one image where what I thought were dust bunnies were so prevalent I checked some other photos following that image to realize that was the case. Regardless, I would remove them.

Sometimes I remove objects like those at the lower right of the photo if I believe they detract from the image. That's altering the image - I would ask others on this thread if they believe that to be unethical?

Back