Coastal Maine 2022

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Soopahmahn

Supporting Member
Marketplace
My last post was not entirely nature/wildlife centric so I will repent and post a few from a recent trip to coastal Maine. As always I just enjoy sharing, but I am keen on feedback in terms of composition, technique, post processing, all of it.

I think the EXIF data is stripped as I'm posting these from copies that were emailed and downloaded (Office does something weird with the files and saves them as new JPEGs for me), happy to share if anyone is interested. Also these were taken straight out of camera and then edited in RAW on my iPhone with Apple Photos - so not my usual approach, curious what y'all think. Didn't bother with noise reduction as their algorithm is very basic.

Juvenile porcupine.
12.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Some kind of butterfly, not a monarch.
21.jpg

Either Arctic or Common Tern, hovering while looking for a snack. Fair bit of cropping here.
25.jpg

Gulls (laughing?) wheeling by. I used a polarizer but the water is still pretty shiny... not sure how to maybe tame it down.
17.jpg

And a nice landscape sunset because it looked more or less like this every night I was there!
8.jpg

Hope you enjoy, thanks in advance for information and suggestions and criticisms.

Back