"Content Credentials" as information on how an image was processed or if AI

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Viathelens

Supporting Member
Marketplace
From DP REVIEW, "Adobe is in the process of adding the ability to provide CAI-compliant Content Credentials with the images you create. Options are being added Adobe Camera Raw, Lightroom and Photoshop itself, but there are some significant differences in the implementations, at present." DPREVIEW

Technology continues to change and Adobe and most likely other companies are trying to rise to the occasion. What competitions do now is to ask for the RAW file if an entrant makes it into the final round of judging. I was recently asked by the Natural Landscape Photography folks to provide RAW files for the two images, of five sent in, that got picked as entries in their final round of judging (over 12,200 entries in the competition). When this new method is implemented they will instead be able to check, in some way, a database for the metadata, at least that is what I got from the article.

Interesting times we live in photographically.

Last edited:
Congrats on making the top tier contest cut.
Thanks, I was pretty astounded getting two pieces in the final judging rounds. I don't have much hope that I'll be chosen in the end as there are still 2400 images to go through and multiple rounds of judging. What's funny is that only one had any animals in it, but that one was chosen. I'm pretty focused on wildlife these days but I still do nature shots, too. I'm happy just to know that two of my images made it that far among 12,253 entries.

From DP REVIEW, "Adobe is in the process of adding the ability to provide CAI-compliant Content Credentials with the images you create. Options are being added Adobe Camera Raw, Lightroom and Photoshop itself, but there are some significant differences in the implementations, at present." DPREVIEW

Technology continues to change and Adobe and most likely other companies are trying to rise to the occasion. What competitions do now is to ask for the RAW file if an entrant makes it into the final round of judging. I was recently asked by the Natural Landscape Photography folks to provide RAW files for the two images, of five sent in, that got picked as entries in their final round of judging (over 12,200 entries in the competition). When this new method is implemented they will instead be able to check, in some way, a database for the metadata, at least that is what I got from the article.

Interesting times we live in photographically.
Congrats!

Congrats on making it that far.

I'm glad places are asking for raws, and ensuring that only 'real' images win, with all the AI nonsense going on. I think the hope is that the new authentication will tell what is and isn't AI edited (various flags to say this was/wasn't done), but I'm sure people will find a way around it sooner rather than later sadly.

I think the hope is that the new authentication will tell what is and isn't AI edited (various flags to say this was/wasn't done), but I'm sure people will find a way around it sooner rather than later sadly.
i think the CC themselves will be hard to crack. i think the primary ways people will respond is to not use CC but insist the image is true, and also to stage the scene

Congrats on making it that far.

I'm glad places are asking for raws, and ensuring that only 'real' images win, with all the AI nonsense going on. I think the hope is that the new authentication will tell what is and isn't AI edited (various flags to say this was/wasn't done), but I'm sure people will find a way around it sooner rather than later sadly.
...people find a way around everything at some point, like hacking, but then the other "side" steps up to make changes and it's started all over again and so goes life...

No, they did ask for what you stated. They asked for the RAW unedited files and that's what I sent them.
ah. i did do one image with CC so far (noted in this thread) but without c2pa support in the camera it’s benefit is a bit small for the extra effort

i do plan to start using it for all my stuff once it’s a bit more accessible and i get a c2pa camera

Back