If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

HRB

While gassing my car at the local gas station / carwash, my wife and I witnessed the life and death duel between a Cooper's hawk and a pigeon. While others continued filling their cars and proceeding to the car wash I managed to take several hundred photos of the event. Ironic how no one noticed what was happening or what I was photographing. A little on the gory side but...well its what they do!
Coopers Hawk.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Excellent photo, good you had the camera with you. I never cease to be amazed at how unaware of their surroundings most people are -- you'd think that would have been bred out of humanity over thousands of years as the unaware were eaten by cave bears, lions or whatever other large predators we evolved with.

Appreciate all the kind comments! This is just one of those "right place, right time" occurrences when you have the right equipment at hand.

Nice shot I think the blood on the beak add a nice demission to already great shot. As wildlife photographers we want are shot in the wild but life happens everywhere nonmatter what.