Cost of replacing motherboard on D850

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jhallettbc

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A few days ago my photos would not download to LR. I just got a spinning wheel whether I tried the CFexpress card or SD. Then today I got a flashing 'error' message that won't go away. The manual says to contact Nikon repair. I'm afraid it's the motherboard even though I have less than 70,000 activations. Anyone have an idea how much this could cost me?

Just to be clear, were you sending files to the computer with a cable from the camera, or using a card reader?

Regardless, I'm sorry to hear about this and hope it's an easy fix.

Just to be clear, were you sending files to the computer with a cable from the camera, or using a card reader?

Regardless, I'm sorry to hear about this and hope it's an easy fix.
It turned out to be a very easy fix! I spoke to a Nikon repair rep and he figured out it was a reformatting problem. I had to reformat each card while the other was not in the camera. Neither of us could figure out what caused the problem but he suggested I reformat the cards after each download. Realizing it was probably not a good idea in the long run to keep using the USB cable, I bought a card reader which I will use from now on.

I think you will like using a card reader better, I wouldn't be without one. Faster and less clumsy.

I'm glad you got it sorted out. Stuff like that can drive a guy nuts! :)

Back