If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

KirstyM

I'm not long back from a fabulous trip with Brad Hill in the Great Bear Rainforest - much postponed from 2020... but worth the wait! We watched this courting couple for several hours as they allowed us a glimpse into their life - she was NOT for being ignored and the huge boar was incredibly gentle and patient with all the slapping around he received!
courting couple--2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
courting couple-.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

WOW! #2 is outstanding! Really excellent!

I'm going on a trip with Brad in 2023!!!! Would the 800mm have been useful? What about the new 400mm f4.5? If you could take any Nikon lenses, which would be your choices?

WOW! #2 is outstanding! Really excellent!

I'm going on a trip with Brad in 2023!!!! Would the 800mm have been useful? What about the new 400mm f4.5? If you could take any Nikon lenses, which would be your choices?
Personally, I think the 800 would be too much lens for MOST (almost all) of the time. This was my 5th trip with Brad, and Iā€™ve never wanted more than the 500 (well, maybe 600, but Iā€™m not strong enough šŸ˜‚). You absolutely need a zoom - Iā€™m still waiting for my 100-400, so ā€œmade doā€ with my old 80-400, and on previous trips that involved more whales, was VERY glad to be able to zoom in and out. On this trip, I donā€™t think I took the 500PF off the Z9, but I did have variouts zooms on a z6ii - 24-70 kept coming up just a BIT too short - wished I had the new 24-120 ( which Brad has, and loves).
which trip are you doing?
andā€¦ thank you!

I'm not long back from a fabulous trip with Brad Hill in the Great Bear Rainforest - much postponed from 2020... but worth the wait! We watched this courting couple for several hours as they allowed us a glimpse into their life - she was NOT for being ignored and the huge boar was incredibly gentle and patient with all the slapping around he received!View attachment 42000View attachment 42001
What an awesome experience!šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Last edited:
Couple of nice images. Crazy size difference in those two. Big boar and a really small/lean sow. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Every year I think about going down there.

Couple of nice images. Crazy size difference in those two. Big boar and a really small/lean sow. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Every year I think about going down there.
Thanks Danā€¦. Go! Every time Iā€™ve been itā€™s been a different ā€œfeatured animal du jourā€ - grizzlies, sea otters, humpbacks, black and spirit bearsā€¦. I love it there!

I'm not long back from a fabulous trip with Brad Hill in the Great Bear Rainforest - much postponed from 2020... but worth the wait! We watched this courting couple for several hours as they allowed us a glimpse into their life - she was NOT for being ignored and the huge boar was incredibly gentle and patient with all the slapping around he received!View attachment 42000View attachment 42001
Great shots, lovely light!