If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jtilley

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Was setting up for the recent full moon (shot never materialized) when I heard my wife quietly saying my name. When I turned around, I saw this beautiful creature working its way thru the brush and was luckily able to get off a few shots before it wandered on its way.
Cascade Foothills, Eastern Washington

20240125-_DSC0264-Edit_BCG.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

@Butlerkid @paul katinas @Charles Loy @Rick S @K9Kirk

Thanks for the comments. Sometimes you just get lucky, being in the right place at the right time.

Also, @K9Kirk it is a pretty good looking coyote. More often than not, the ones I see look pretty rough.

James
What I was thinking. Short story about scraggly coyotes ... When I lived in Austin and working the night shift one night, I saw two coyotes walking the edge of the parking lot, single file, with something very small and jet-black walking in between them. I couldn't figure out what the small creature was at first, they were too far away. When they got closer, I could see that it was a small kitten, around 2 mo. old. When they got close to me the one in the rear broke rank and walked closer toward me and started stepping side to side in an attempt to distract me but all the while looking back at the other coyote and kitten while the other quickly lead the kitten through a gap in some thick bushes to get away from me. Once they were through the one ran into the gap and disappeared, also.

I think the mother cat may've been killed and the coyotes found it alone and hungry, so they decided to take care of it. I thought it was interesting enough a story to tell. Have a nice day.

Last edited: