Cursor glitching in Lightroom classic

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Has anyone noticed a glitching cursor in Lightroom classic after this last update. It’s mostly in the masking or repair section and seems to happen nearly every time I use it now. I use apple products so perhaps it’s an issue with Mac. I tried uninstalling Lightroom to no avail. It does it on my intel iMac as well as on my M1 MacBook Air so it’s definitely not machine specific.

The new mouse for my new studio Mac has also developed a glitch. It flickers between commands and has become difficult to use.
This also seems to have started since installing the latest update.
After prolonged use it does seem to calm down a bit . Going into settings and switching the mouse off and on achieves nothing.

The new mouse for my new studio Mac has also developed a glitch. It flickers between commands and has become difficult to use.
After prolonged use it does seem to calm down a bit . Going into settings and switching the mouse off and on achieves nothing.
It’s super annoying lol. Almost makes me want to go back to the previous version.

Is this happening only during Lightroom use, or for other software also?

Speaking for myself it’s only Lightroom classic and not photoshop

Just curious, does it happen with the same tools in Adobe Camera Raw? If not a temporary workaround might be to send it as a smart object to Photoshop when you need that tool. Your other Lightroom edits remain fully reversible. A pain though, if only the software would work as expected.

Just curious, does it happen with the same tools in Adobe Camera Raw? If not a temporary workaround might be to send it as a smart object to Photoshop when you need that tool. Your other Lightroom edits remain fully reversible. A pain though, if only the software would work as expected.
I’ve honestly not tried that but need to. It happens using repair, white balance or masking but nowhere else within the program.

Hi, Ive just recently updated to a new M1 iMac and installed the latest version of LrC and this happens for me as well. It only happens in the Develop module and if say using the WB or crop tools the mouse cursor keeps flicking between the particular tool and the standard pointer.

There is a thread on the Adobe Community pages about it and it seems to be acknowledged as a bug.

The suggestion on there was to disable GPU support in settings and it should go away. Im trying this in the interim to see what happens but hopefully a fix will be issued at some point.

Hi, Ive just recently updated to a new M1 iMac and installed the latest version of LrC and this happens for me as well. It only happens in the Develop module and if say using the WB or crop tools the mouse cursor keeps flicking between the particular tool and the standard pointer.

There is a thread on the Adobe Community pages about it and it seems to be acknowledged as a bug.

The suggestion on there was to disable GPU support in settings and it should go away. Im trying this in the interim to see what happens but hopefully a fix will be issued at some point.
Yes it is super annoying. I'm nearly ready to go back to the previous version.

Back