Customing Record button on Nikon Z 8

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi, I have customised the Record button on my Nikon Z 8 to Cycle AF Mode when shooting still images.
I am not able to record video in the Video recording mode when I press the record button.
I believe we can customise buttons for different functions in Still image and Video recording modes.
Can someone help me resolve the issue ? I am surprised that I am unable to customise the Video record button to shoot video. 😁

double check that it was the shooting custom control that you set, and not the video shooting control.
if nothing else, Save Settings then RESET.
check the video record button works correctly BEFORE you reload settings, check again that you set the custom control to shooting not video.

double check that it was the shooting custom control that you set, and not the video shooting control.
if nothing else, Save Settings then RESET.
check the video record button works correctly BEFORE you reload settings, check again that you set the custom control to shooting not video.
Thanks Patrick. I tried the way you had suggested but it didn't work.

Back