Darwin

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Robert S

Got back today from Darwin. Sleep deprived. Flight cancelled on Saturday. Best to fly Quantas or Virgin, Jetstar is cheap but iffy.

Corella Backlit 06 23-7340-DeNoiseAI-standard resize.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Best to fly Qantas or Virgin; Jetstar is cheap but iffy.
Last Christmas I flew Brisbane–Melbourne courtesy of Qantas (22 kg checked; 10 kg cabin). I returned on Jetstar (20 kg checked; 7 kg cabin). That's a serious difference, especially when one airline trusts you with cabin bags and the other weighs and measures them, for one last time, at the gate!

And all that is before being required to walk across the parking apron and board the aircraft up a ladder that made some of the suspension bridges on the Annapurna Circuit look positively high-tech. Jetstar's food was passable—interpret that as you will—but had to be paid for using a physical card (effectively inaccessible in the overhead locker) instead of my iPhone or Apple Watch. Passable.

… David

P.S.
Nice pic of the Little Corella enjoying its Jetstar meal! ;)

Last edited:
Last Christmas I flew Brisbane–Melbourne courtesy of Qantas (22 kg checked; 10 kg cabin). I returned on Jetstar (20 kg checked; 7 kg cabin). That's a serious difference, especially when one airline trusts you with cabin bags and the other weighs and measures them, for one last time, at the gate!

And all that is before being required to walk across the parking apron and board the aircraft up a ladder that made some of the suspension bridges on the Annapurna Circuit look positively high-tech. Jetstar's food was passable—interpret that as you will—but had to be paid for using a physical card (effectively inaccessible in the overhead locker) instead of my iPhone or Apple Watch. Passable.

… David

P.S.
Nice pic of the Little Corella enjoying its Jetstar meal! ;)
Good to know I'm not the only person with JetStar worries. I found out at 7.30pm that my flight for 1.30am had been cancelled. No big deal for me as I was staying with youngest daughter. Might have been more inconvenient for others. Only other problem was the guy at security in Darwin confiscated my little screw driver and small pliers from my camera bag. NO TOOLS allowed in hand baggage. I spent the flight looking for things I could have taken apart with my 'Tool Kit'. Same bag with same tools was allowed on plane from Brisbane to Darwin. All too much for a senile geriatric like me. Least I no longer have a passport.

Back