If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

These guys don't wait long to come out in spring. I found this guy walking up my arm after a walk in the woods with my dog.

Both photos with SONY A-1 + Laowa FFii 90mm f2.8 CA-Dreamer Macro 2X. 1/250 ISO=500. Flash+Handheld.

A1_05790_1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

A1_05793_1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Yup, those little devils. Hate to tell you, but they're active down to 28 degrees -- years ago a friend and I got back to the car after a woodland walk, it was 34 degrees and snowing, and I picked two of them (adults) off my pants. I no longer go out in the woods without pants treated with permethrin; have been doing that for almost 20 years and have had only one embedded tick in all those years.

Yup, those little devils. Hate to tell you, but they're active down to 28 degrees -- years ago a friend and I got back to the car after a woodland walk, it was 34 degrees and snowing, and I picked two of them (adults) off my pants. I no longer go out in the woods without pants treated with permethrin; have been doing that for almost 20 years and have had only one embedded tick in all those years.
After this guy came home I bought 2 big jugs of permethrin and emptied them both into my outdoor clothes.