If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

These jumping spiders are common in buildings -- this one was in our kitchen.

Dimorphic Jumping Spider.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Cool shot. As a kid, I was deathly afraid of those spiders, I always thought they would jump on me and bite me. Now I just think they're kinda cute with those big eyes.

Lovely shot Woody, I always try to protect these guys from our nasty malaria mozzy spray, but have noticed a sharp decline in their numbers in and around my shack in the DRC, sad but no option

Did you step on it?

Hell no, I put it on one of our houseplants. My wife won't step on them either, H is as tolerant of critters as I am. Years ago when a crew was building a house down the road from our place a black rat snake became trapped in a window well. They came to get me to remove it but I wasn't home so H went over, picked it up and brought it back to our place to release it. She also helped me deal with the timber rattlesnake I found by our front stoop -- https://forestandfield.blogspot.com/2022/07/surprise.html

Reactions: seh
Great capture! Spiders are fun, theough my family thinks otherwise. I look for them in our flower gardens all summer.