Don Zeck Lens Cap w/Nikon 300 f/2.8G ED VR II

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ecycled

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Was curious if anyone here had any experience with the Don Zeck custom/aftermarket lens caps, specifically when used on the Nikon 300 f/2.8 G ED VR II lens. I've been using the included soft cap that came with the lens and that works fine most of the time. But as effective as it is it certainly would be nice if I had something a bit quicker to put on/take off.

Thanks.

I don't have experience with the DZ cap for your specific lens, but I did order one awhile back for my 400mm f2.8 AF-S V1. I wasn't impressed, it didn't seat well inside the front lip of the lens. I even took the O-rings off of the bosses and it still didn't seat well, felt like it might pop off if bumped.

So I did what Karen suggests and ordered a Zemlin cap, couldn't be happier so I ordered one for my 600mm f4G. Really much better built, if you ask me.

Back