Dove or Pigeon?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I few Pigeons and or Doves. I think the first is a Mourning Dove but perhaps it could be a Gray Pigeon.? #2 a Rock Pigeon and #3 perhaps a type of Pigeon as well? I will replace the last two for my archive when I get better shots. Any help with ID would be appreciated.

N1P_9837 ACR edits websize signed.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
N1P_7962 as Smart Object print websize.jpg
03312023green cay0056 print websize.jpg

Where in the world are you? If in the eastern part of the USA, I would agree, the first one is a mourning dove and the last 2 are rock pigeons. There is a tremendous color variation in rock pigeons.

Where in the world are you? If in the eastern part of the USA, I would agree, the first one is a mourning dove and the last 2 are rock pigeons. There is a tremendous color variation in rock pigeons.
Currently on the East Coast of Southern Florida. All these are shot near Boynton Beach. I looked up the Gray Pigeon and oddly is looks like the Mourning Dove. :unsure:

Currently on the East Coast of Southern Florida. All these are shot near Boynton Beach. I looked up the Gray Pigeon and oddly is looks like the Mourning Dove. :unsure:
Yep, the first one is a mourning dove and the last 2 are rock pigeons. Mourning Doves and Rock Pigeons are related both being in the family Columbidae.

Easier to tell which type of dove with a picture of it standing up. The wing coverlets on a mourning dove will have black spots.

Pigeons and dove are the only two birds that can drink water without having to raise their heads.

Back