DXo Photolab Elite V7.9 Released to support Z 6III

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JamesFarrell

Member from Arizona
Supporting Member
Marketplace
nikon Z 6III support was released by DXo today. I have owned PL 7 Elite since earlier this summer. I was able to update to version 7.9 this morning. I can now do DeepPrime XD for the Z6 III. I only have a few Z lenses, but the ones I have are supported too for lenses corrections. Lens list in my signature. Note I did NOT have to upgrade to PL8.

nikon Z 6III support was released by DXo today. I have owned PL 7 Elite since earlier this summer. I was able to update to version 7.9 this morning. I can now do DeepPrime XD for the Z6 III. I only have a few Z lenses, but the ones I have are supported too for lenses corrections. Lens list in my signature. Note I did NOT have to upgrade to PL8.

Is there a PL8?

Photolab 8 was released today. XD2S noise reduction added over XD2 of Pureraw4, so appears to be slightly newer revision.

Lumninosity maks still require Filmpack7, that look like a money grab to me.
Hue masking added to PL8 and Luma curve. Lens corrections also marketed as improved over PL7

I confess that I do not know the difference between DXo Pureraw and Photolab (elite for NR). I do my post processing for Nikon NEFs with Capture One. I use Photolab elite for NR and lens corrections. All I know about DXo is they seems to have a somewhat confusing (to me) business model. But, what do I know? Not much.

Pureraw is just noise reduction and lens correction. You have to have lightroom or another program. Phitolab add a full editior that could be standalone or could work with lightroom or photoshop.

Photolab can export linear dng with only denoising and/or optical corrections to be processed in another software, like pureraw does, but photolab has more subtil setting than pureraw for doing this : where pureraw only has limited preset values (low, medium, high), photolab has sliders with continuous possible change.

Back