DxO PL6 Profile Conflicts with LRC Masking

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NorthernFocus

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I've run across an issue when using LRC subject masking on DNG files processed in PL6. If lens profile distortion corrections are applied in PL6 then the LRC subject mask has a slight offset. I've tried masking the RAW file prior to editing in PL6 and running through PL6 prior to any editing/masking in LRC. I've also tried toggling the lens profile corrections in LRC to the DNG(toggled off is the default when the file comes back from PL6). The same thing happens. The only way to prevent/correct it is to not apply the distortion corrections in PL6 and to apply the lens distortion correction to the DNG when it is back in LRC.

Has anyone else run across this issue?

I've run across an issue when using LRC subject masking on DNG files processed in PL6. If lens profile distortion corrections are applied in PL6 then the LRC subject mask has a slight offset. I've tried masking the RAW file prior to editing in PL6 and running through PL6 prior to any editing/masking in LRC. I've also tried toggling the lens profile corrections in LRC to the DNG(toggled off is the default when the file comes back from PL6). The same thing happens. The only way to prevent/correct it is to not apply the distortion corrections in PL6 and to apply the lens distortion correction to the DNG when it is back in LRC.

Has anyone else run across this issue?
Dan,
I haven't seen this. Like you, I first process in PL6: the processing includes applying lens corrections, then I transfer as a dng file with all corrections to LRC.
I'm still using LRC 12.2.1 as I've not felt the need to update yet, so maybe what you're experiencing is an issue with the latest LRC version? Assuming that's what you're using, of course.
Cheers,
Alex

Might it have to do with the setting in pl6 to maintain the aspect ratio? Then applying another correction in lightroom. I wonder if just disabling lens correction in LR is needed, why do double lens correction, not saying you are, just wondering.

Back