DxO PureRaw 3 vs Topoz Photo AI - ONE example

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Speaking of DxO 3…I have a strange phenomenon with my version. Running up to date version on a Mac Studio up to date Ventura. There are 2 different ways to get photos processed by DxO…if I launch DxO and then select and drag in LRC the photos to be processed a bit, command tab to bring DxO to the front and drop them into DxO…they get added to the queue, press process, check the boxes and they get processed. The dialog comes up to send them back to LRC which I accept and they get added to LRC in a subfolder named DxO in the original folder. This method works fine…although sometimes I need to scan the folder in LRC for the import dialog…no big deal. The second method is to within LRC select a photo or photo and then use Plugin Extras, Send to DxO 3 and. off they go. On my laptop (M1 Pro MBP Ventura)…this also works just fine, they get processed, sent back to LRC, and auto imported. On the Studio…after DxO is finished processing…they get sent back to the correct DxO folder under the original folder but instead of processing in the currently open version of LRC the Studio launches another instance of LRC…there are a couple of backup drives attached (well, more than a couple actually…) and 1 of those is a clone of the Studio internal drive which is where DxO and LRC are running from. The new instance of LRC fails because it can't find the catalog file so I quit it and then back to the first instance and then scan the folder again to get the import dialog.

Any idea why this is happening and/or how to fix it? I found a tip about rebuilding the Launch Services database that I'll try but haven't really spent much time trying to figure it out because it's really more of an inconvenience than an actual problem. I've also verified that all of the external editor options are pointing to the correct versions/locations of apps but since I'm not opening DxO by selecting Edit in and choosing it from a right click on the image that seems unlikely to be the issue. I'm pretty sure this is something strange and it won't surprise me to find out that nobody else has this issue but figured it can't hurt to ask.

Back