Eagle And the Coot

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

1-6.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
This last Sunday morning, great light patiently waiting on a slow activity morning, but knew something was going to happen because the Coots were out in numbers, a favorite of the resident Eagles. Sure enough, from a distance he went down and back directly at me when I was able to capture the action with a Coot in his talons, to the platform. After he devoured coot and left the scraps to the crows, the Eagle flew to the shadows to clean off.

Enjoy,

Chris S.
1-1.jpg
1-2.jpg
1-3.jpg
1-4.jpg
1-5.jpg

Very nice set Chris! Our resident eagles have a taste for American Coot as well! I haven’t been able to capture anything remotely like this. Your series is nicely done!

View attachment 56588This last Sunday morning, great light patiently waiting on a slow activity morning, but knew something was going to happen because the Coots were out in numbers, a favorite of the resident Eagles. Sure enough, from a distance he went down and back directly at me when I was able to capture the action with a Coot in his talons, to the platform. After he devoured coot and left the scraps to the crows, the Eagle flew to the shadows to clean off.

Enjoy,

Chris S.View attachment 56583View attachment 56584View attachment 56585View attachment 56586View attachment 56587
Awesome sequence Chris!👍👍👍

Back