If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

forestB

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hey guys, for anyone who doesn't understand the title that's Haystack Rock in the background located on the coastline of Cannon Beach, Oregon. I don't have any experience with landscape photography but I couldn't resist trying to get two miles of background somewhat in focus on an 80+ degree day. I know I'm not making a postcard with this but it was worth a share! Shot with D500, 200-500, at 300mm. F/22, 1/125, ISO140
eagle in a haystack.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Cannon Beach, one of my favorite places to get away and to photograph. Nice shots. Did you take it from Ecola SP or were you closer to the beach?

--Ken
Actually this was taken from the Silver Point lookout at the south end of Cannon Beach looking back towards Ecola SP.

That is Haystack rock. The title of this thread is a pun on its name. If you ever visit the Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast, you will not miss Haystack Rock. It is over 200 ft. tall.

--Ken
Thanks, Ken, that gives perspective - 200'! Sadly I will never make it there there but what the heck, as long as we can enjoy what we have . . . and the nice images here! ;)

Thanks, Ken, that gives perspective - 200'! Sadly I will never make it there there but what the heck, as long as we can enjoy what we have . . . and the nice images here! ;)
It's a shame as the Oregon coast is quite beautiful. And sadly, I may never make it to your part of the world, which I would love to visit. Thankfully, we at least have photos and stories to share here.

--Ken