Eagle Landing, comments please

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Found this guy in Mason County, WA this week.
This is a bit of a crop, and not as perfect feather detail as I might have liked, but the AF did pretty well.
What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DSC_1083Eagle Landing_1.jpg
    DSC_1083Eagle Landing_1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
Overall you did well. Great position on the bird. Nice feather detail pulled out of the underside of the wings. The BG is less than optimum. You might try darkening it a bit. And I'd suggest cropping a bit off the right side of frame to center the birds head horizontally in the frame.

Overall you did well. Great position on the bird. Nice feather detail pulled out of the underside of the wings. The BG is less than optimum. You might try darkening it a bit. And I'd suggest cropping a bit off the right side of frame to center the birds head horizontally in the frame.
Thanks. BG is a bit boring, but after a winter of dark and clouds, a bit of blue is something of a celebration. We are at the end of Hood Canal, so not unlike coastal Alaska.
I should figure out how to increase the blue saturation, but so far my attempts have not been satisfactory to me.
Thanks again, and I enjoyed your gallery.

Thanks. BG is a bit boring, but after a winter of dark and clouds, a bit of blue is something of a celebration. We are at the end of Hood Canal, so not unlike coastal Alaska.
I should figure out how to increase the blue saturation, but so far my attempts have not been satisfactory to me.
Thanks again, and I enjoyed your gallery.
If you use LR try fiddling with all three parameters in the color mixer tool. Both blue and aqua channels.

Glad you enjoyed the gallery.

Back