Eagle on 1 Stick

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

In the long running "... on a stick" series, we have The Eagle.

Yesterday was wall-to-wall cloud and as the afternoon wore on the light just got worse. At the point I found this guy it was pretty dark. However, I thought DXO did a reasonable job, given the iso:

(reduced size to suit this forum)

Eagle-3_small.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Of course, it's lost a bit of feather detail, but not bad. What do you folk think?

Last edited:
I like the spread wings and I like the branch it is on - the twisty/bent aspect of it lends a bit of interest. If you're not averse to cloning - the two branches coming out of it's back behind it's head are good candidates to get rid of. The one behind it's wing is a little less of a problem (for me) but might not be bad to see how it looks without it.

I like the spread wings and I like the branch it is on - the twisty/bent aspect of it lends a bit of interest. If you're not averse to cloning - the two branches coming out of it's back behind it's head are good candidates to get rid of. The one behind it's wing is a little less of a problem (for me) but might not be bad to see how it looks without it.
Thanks, dupcak. Good call: it'll give me a chance to use the new "Remove" tool in PS Beta.

Thanks, dupcak. Good call: it'll give me a chance to use the new "Remove" tool in PS Beta.
Actually the Remove tool is now in the official release, it's the new Generative AI stuff that is only in Beta now. Have fun with it. Things will get tricky right at the feathers but with a bit of patience it will work out.

I love the pose, technicals, and lighting. The branches directly engine the bird are very distracting to my eye, maybe clone those. The other main thing is the bird’s eye, I really don’t like shots with the bird’s eye closed or partially closed.

I like the image a lot. Contrary to popular opinion, since the tree limbs are interesting and occupy the upper center and right, I wouldn't change the image. The horizontal line of his wings and perch contrasts nicely with the diagonal limbs. Removing the limbs behind his head may make the image seem "unbalanced"....

I love the pose, technicals, and lighting. The branches directly engine the bird are very distracting to my eye, maybe clone those. The other main thing is the bird’s eye, I really don’t like shots with the bird’s eye closed or partially closed.
Tbh I don't think this is the best image I have from the series, so the others will hopefully fix that. Thanks for the input.

I like the image a lot. Contrary to popular opinion, since the tree limbs are interesting and occupy the upper center and right, I wouldn't change the image. The horizontal line of his wings and perch contrasts nicely with the diagonal limbs. Removing the limbs behind his head may make the image seem "unbalanced"....
Thanks for the comments. You make a good point about balance. I think I'll try it with and without and see which one tugs at the heart strings more.

Very nice job! If you have another in the series with its head up a bit more so we can see the eyes, it would be terrific. Nevertheless, you have a very nice image here.

Back