Eagle Portrait

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi Folks,

Is there anything else I can/should do with this background?

Eagle_portrait_small.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I get mixed results using the remove tool in PS and I'm not interested in background replacement (plus, I'm not sure it's worth the effort).

Beautiful image!

I have had mixed results with the remove tool as well, this did help me, though others have said that it did nothing for them.
1. Go to Preferences > Image Processing...
2. Choose "More Stable" for Remove Tool Processing.
3. RESTART Photoshop (Photoshop > Quit Photoshop, then relaunch).

You could try the clone stamp or patch tool on a new layer set to 50% opacity to just take the detail out of the branches that intersect the body and beak.

Beautiful image!

I have had mixed results with the remove tool as well, this did help me, though others have said that it did nothing for them.
1. Go to Preferences > Image Processing...
2. Choose "More Stable" for Remove Tool Processing.
3. RESTART Photoshop (Photoshop > Quit Photoshop, then relaunch).

You could try the clone stamp or patch tool on a new layer set to 50% opacity to just take the detail out of the branches that intersect the body and beak.
Thanks, Louise. I'll give those tips a try. What I'd like to avoid is creating an artificial "halo" of space around the subject, which I think would look worse. I'll try cloning back the one touching the beak as that is the focal point of the image.

Halos drive me bonkers but I have found a few videos that helped mitigate them using different blend modes
I have had success using it along edges of animals where the removal methods messed up and left weird artifacts and/or halos

This one from Nick Page has helped me, he also has a video on blending that I found helpful but I am not at my main computer where I have it saved.
This one from Sean Bagshaw is good too

Back