Eagle using 800 PF with 1.4TC

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RockvilleBob

Supporting Member
Marketplace
My first outing with the 800PF was to Conowingo Dam yesterday. Moderate activity at the dam despite many eagle in the area. There was a lot of eagles fishing but most were beyond the island towards I95. However I got a few shots and am still going through my images but I was curious how the 800 PF did with the i.4TC. The real challenge is getting the fast moving target on frame. This image was cropped on the left side only. Due to the typical distance of fishing eagle at Conowingo I will try using the 1.4TC with the 800 in hopes of getting a "snatch" image I can print.

eagle-1120.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

It's a whole new adventure with that sort of focal length. Mine arrived last week but haven't had it out yet. Were you shooting handheld or ... ?
Glad to hear your lens arrived Dan.
On a gimbal. If I had to shoot handheld it is probably possible. At Conowingo you stay in one spot and hope the eagles fish near you. When boredom sets in you shoot gulls and overhead fly bys. I would probably use a monopod for more mobile shooting environments.

Last edited:
Back