If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ductape

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This is my third season of photographing the local bighorn sheep. I have plenty of decent shots, and now am basically using what I have learned about their behavior to be close by and in position when they choose to butt heads. No luck yet this year. Yesterday the light was decent, and I was out there with them for several hours. We live in an area where both golden and bald eagles can fly by. I had one of each sneak up on me and I threw a few Hail Mary shots their way. I really enjoyed the golden photo, because I rarely am close enough for a photo. The bald was very close, but it came at me with the sun at his back and no opportunity but to have sky as its background. I would have deleted the bald photo if not for the novelty of taking both pics from the same location.

I shared these pics on my personal FB page last night and am surprised people enjoyed the bald shot which I thought was boring at best, while nobody acknowledged the golden photo.
Neither are great captures , but I wanted to share the story of being in a beautiful place where both birds are present.

Stare down.
DSC_1506.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Tweener. Smaller ram looking down on the Columbia River from his perch above.
DSC_1413.jpg

Swinging a 600mm f4g on a monopod at the last second as an eagle appears overhead. Credit Z9.
DSC_1650.jpg

My exposure bias is 1 because I was shooting in the snow just before this and yes, I forgot to set it back. Aargh.
DSC_0895.jpg

Last edited:
This is my third season of photographing the local bighorn sheep. I have plenty of decent shots, and now am basically using what I have learned about their behavior to be close by and in position when they choose to butt heads. No luck yet this year. Yesterday the light was decent, and I was out there with them for several hours. We live in an area where both golden and bald eagles can fly by. I had one of each sneak up on me and I threw a few Hail Mary shots their way. I really enjoyed the golden photo, because I rarely am close enough for a photo. The bald was very close, but it came at me with the sun at his back and no opportunity but to have sky as its background. I would have deleted the bald photo if not for the novelty of taking both pics from the same location.

I shared these pics on my personal FB page last night and am surprised people enjoyed the bald shot which I thought was boring at best, while nobody acknowledged the golden photo.
Neither are great captures , but I wanted to share the story of being in a beautiful place where both birds are present.

Stare down.
View attachment 49492

Tweener. Smaller ram looking down on the Columbia River from his perch above.
View attachment 49493

Swinging a 600mm f4g on a monopod at the last second as an eagle appears overhead. Credit Z9.
View attachment 49494

My exposure bias is 1 because I was shooting in the snow just before this and yes, I forgot to set it back. Aargh.
View attachment 49495
Well done!👍👍👍 It’s always those surprise appearances that leave you talking to yourself.