EFFECTIVE IMMERSION PROTECTION FOR Z9

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

wotan1

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I am looking for a solution that will allow me to use a z9 and 400mm f4.5 on a tippy kayak.

I am willing to tether the camera so if it goes overboard it will not sink so I don’t need a full dive housing but it has to be something that will protect the camera from immersion yet still allow me io use the camera.

Anyone use this kind of equipment?

I am looking for a solution that will allow me to use a z9 and 400mm f4.5 on a tippy kayak.

I am willing to tether the camera so if it goes overboard it will not sink so I don’t need a full dive housing but it has to be something that will protect the camera from immersion yet still allow me io use the camera.

When you say "protect from immersion" I'm assuming you talking underwater housing. The usual suspects: Ikelite, Isotta, Nauticam, etc. You're looking at $000.

That is my favourite kayak shooting rig too. But IMO you are better to upgrade your kayak to something less tippy. I have never been able to find an immersion proof solution to accommodate a long lens. Rather, I use a plastic cover to protect from salt water splashes, pick my weather and use a stable sit-on kayak.

I already have my kayak and I don’t want to replace it. I would love to shoot from it but I don’t trust kayaks with expensive cameras,

Back