If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ssheipel

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Have seen this particular Egret many, many times in the same area since this spring, but always tucked into the marsh reeds (the spot behind me in this shot) so pleased to catch him with a cleaner background!

Great Egret with fish.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Outstanding shot! What really says “winner” to me is the camera height. The background rocks add interesting texture where you normally see marsh grass with these birds. Your camera was probably close to the water….👍

Outstanding shot! What really says “winner” to me is the camera height. The background rocks add interesting texture where you normally see marsh grass with these birds. Your camera was probably close to the water….👍
Thanks Larry. Z0 was resting on some rocks in the water :)

Nice shot. You wonder if the juice was worth the squeeze....calories spent greater than calories gained?
Thanks. He nabbed about a dozen of this size I suspect in a very short time frame as I watched; until the photo review I didn't know he was actually getting fish.