Electrocuted - Green Milkweed Locust

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Its autumn, and the pest are out. These Green Milkweed Locusts eat the trees bare this time of the year. They are coming from somewhere in their thousands. We have been living in our house for more than 40 years and this is the first season we see them in such large numbers compared to other years. Normally, I have to go the the Botanical Garden to shoot them - now I can stand on the paving outside and shoot them.
This guy flew into our electric fence and got zapped, exposing the delicately formed, lace-like inner wing membranes. Shot at lunchtime today. The first time I shot anything since October last year!

03314W D850 9320.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

03313W D850 9318.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Cool wildlife shot. But love it as a 'photograph' generally with those lines provided by the fence, and the capture of the locust.... Very cool!

Nice capture showing the details. The critter cooperated via self destruction. Helpful!
Thanks, Joe, wish this all will do so - more leaves on the trees!
Cool wildlife shot. But love it as a 'photograph' generally with those lines provided by the fence, and the capture of the locust.... Very cool!
Thanks Steven - I left the wires in for that reason, even if it is man-made!

Back