If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PAUL50

Supporting Member
Marketplace
All five of these photos were taken at Great Smoky Mountain National Park between September 19th and the 23rd. The fourth shot down was the most interesting for me and luckily the cow was very gentle with my rig.
Bull Elk IV.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Bull Elk II.jpg
Bull Elk III.jpg
Elk V.jpg
Bull Elk I.jpg

Great images Paul. We were there the same time frame. Love the one of the bull getting a drink (all that chasing of cows makes a fellow thirsty). Really glad the cow didn't decide to stomp your rig. Looks like she was curious what all those big things being pointed at her smelled like.

Great images Paul. We were there the same time frame. Love the one of the bull getting a drink (all that chasing of cows makes a fellow thirsty). Really glad the cow didn't decide to stomp your rig. Looks like she was curious what all those big things being pointed at her smelled like.
Thank you. I had both the 600 and 100-400 lenses. Once in the woods the 600 was way too much lens so I left it just off the side of a trail once the herd had passed towards the water. Then this straggler cow came up from behind. I looked back to see that and with heart in throat I took the shot. At the time I didn’t know if I was taking the photo for me or the insurance company. Sorry we didn’t meet up. It would have been nice to meet someone from BCG live!

Thank you. I had both the 600 and 100-400 lenses. Once in the woods the 600 was way too much lens so I left it just off the side of a trail once the herd had passed towards the water. Then this straggler cow came up from behind. I looked back to see that and with heart in throat I took the shot. At the time I didn’t know if I was taking the photo for me or the insurance company. Sorry we didn’t meet up. It would have been nice to meet someone from BCG live!
I bet your heart was in your throat. I probably wouldn’t have been able to breathe until she moved on. Yes it would have been good to meet in person.