If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

So, just went with my wife to Cherokee, North Carolina about 2 weeks ago for a vacation. First one Ive taken and traveled on in some time. Was amazed at the elk so close to roads and the visitor center there in the Great Smokies National Park. I felt like I was in Wyoming or Utah or something. LOL. My first time going to the Smokies. The big guy first wasn't getting to close. The second image is a younger smaller male who followed the ladies where ever they went and it meant feet from humans at times. Pretty cool to see and watch.

Nikon D500
Nikkor 200-500mm @ f/5.6
ISO 1000 @ 1/640

september122021_bigelk1_web_5109.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
september122021_bigelk2_web_5029.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

So, just went with my wife to Cherokee, North Carolina about 2 weeks ago for a vacation. First one Ive taken and traveled on in some time. Was amazed at the elk so close to roads and the visitor center there in the Great Smokies National Park. I felt like I was in Wyoming or Utah or something. LOL. My first time going to the Smokies. The big guy first wasn't getting to close. The second image is a younger smaller male who followed the ladies where ever they went and it meant feet from humans at times. Pretty cool to see and watch.

Nikon D500
Nikkor 200-500mm @ f/5.6
ISO 1000 @ 1/640

View attachment 25240View attachment 25241
Beautiful Shots! 👍👍

Nikon D500
Nikkor 200-500mm @ f/5.6
ISO 1000 @ 1/640

View attachment 25240View attachment 25241
Beautiful Shots Jesse!👍👍