Epson P800 Ink

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Light Vivid Magenta, T8506, is out of stock everywhere and I got a notice from B&H that it was Discontinued. B&H is still checking so I called Epson this morning. She said it is not discontinued, just out of stock everywhere.

What concerns me is the appearance of SUFL cartridges from china that claim to be Epson patent compliant at 150% of Epson's price. If Epson does stop production we may be forced into Non Epson Ink for inflated prices.

My Cummins Diesel engine, a $6,000 upgrade, not even halfway through its 500,000 mile life is no longer supported by Cummins. No Computers, Manifolds, anything! Sick of this!

For the P900, B&H shows that Light Vivid Magenta (T46Y6) is in stock. Not sure, but I thought the P800 and P900 used the same ink sets.
They do not use the same ink cartridges.

I don't know about any of the singular inks being the same between the two. I doubt any are since the SC-P900 ink set is ten cartridges and the SC-P800 ink set is nine cartridges.

Some printer ink cartridges can be refilled using special equipment, as long as the cartridges are not completely empty. I'm not sure about the Epson SC-P800. There are a few third party ink sources that get high reviews from those who refill their own cartridges, and they can be found with an online search. I've not used them, so I will provide no opinion of them. If your printer is performing well and it is up to refilling ink cartridges to keep it going, I believe that it would be worth trying.

Back