European hare: Show me your edits

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi,

I recently shot this image of an European hare. It was quite harsh afternoon light but I still quite like how it turned out.
However, I am not really sure how to best edit the photo. Here you can see my try (Lightroom only).

I would love to hear your opinions on it and also your tries if you want to give it a shot!

You can download the RAW-file from here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au9_EQq0NJsV8Hdh10QkGsZ401vH?e=sPHHpz

Cheers,
Lukas

220514_190340_LTI_8174.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Is there anything you are wanting to particularly achieve with this photo with an edit? It would help if we knew what you were after.
Hi Lance,
Thanks for your reply and for the valid point you are raising :)

I mainly felt that I didn't do great with the colours and the contrast, especially the colours in the grass in the foreground. They turned out too light and yellowish and as simple as that sounds, I didn't quite managed to tweak it in a good way.

I really like your edit! Much more natural feel to the colours and the contrast is a bit more punchy to.
Can I ask what you did?

And second reason for asking is that I find it interesting to see what different people can do with the same image. I think there is a huge potential in a forum like this to learn a few editing tricks and maybe even getting some inspiration for different styles 😎

Back