If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Bob L

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This past Saturday provided me with a plethora of imaging opportunities, all right at my back patio door. My wife and i feed and water the local birds, and this provides me the opportunity to photograph any number of species, never knowing what will turn up. As I'm observing the red-wing blackbird convention, suddenly I see a Cooper Hawk pounce on a dove, all within 6 feet of my sitting area inside my basement sliding door. A few minutes later, I see in the distance the familiar silhouette of a raptor in the sky, and I fire off a bunch of images from several hundred yards distance. Bald Eagle. Quite a variance of species in an hours time. Suburban Wisconsin. Herons, wood peckers, humming birds, cardinals, blue jays........the list goes on. I love this forum, seeing images of exotic wildlife from around the globe, but sometimes I'm green with envy because I'm not there. Guess home base isn't that bad!
redwing_BB.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Hawk-Coop-w-Dove1.jpg

eagle_distant.jpg

822_9130-Edit_resize.jpg

822_6496-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Pheasant_duo.jpg

This past Saturday provided me with a plethora of imaging opportunities, all right at my back patio door. My wife and i feed and water the local birds, and this provides me the opportunity to photograph any number of species, never knowing what will turn up. As I'm observing the red-wing blackbird convention, suddenly I see a Cooper Hawk pounce on a dove, all within 6 feet of my sitting area inside my basement sliding door. A few minutes later, I see in the distance the familiar silhouette of a raptor in the sky, and I fire off a bunch of images from several hundred yards distance. Bald Eagle. Quite a variance of species in an hours time. Suburban Wisconsin. Herons, wood peckers, humming birds, cardinals, blue jays........the list goes on. I love this forum, seeing images of exotic wildlife from around the globe, but sometimes I'm green with envy because I'm not there. Guess home base isn't that bad!
View attachment 57309

View attachment 57310

View attachment 57311

View attachment 57312

View attachment 57314

View attachment 57322
That pheasant shot looks like a painting-Beautiful 👍👍👍

So
That pheasant shot looks like a painting-Beautiful 👍👍👍
Thank you Ralph! I feel the same way. I took that shot out on the county highway where my main eagles nest is located. I was standing on the side of this rural highway, shooting images of my eagle buddies, and these two pheasants popped out on the road, grazing the shoulder, ignoring me completely until they were directly across the road from me on this two lane road. They are usually pretty skittish. I just stood there and took a bunch of images. Better to be lucky than good!

Nice work! Love your photos, Bob. Don't move.
Thank you Chuck. I get a little star struck with the talent here and the images produced, and find it comforting to go back into my Lightroom catalog and search for some hidden gems. Everyone here is so talented. Quite the forum!!

So

Thank you Ralph! I feel the same way. I took that shot out on the county highway where my main eagles nest is located. I was standing on the side of this rural highway, shooting images of my eagle buddies, and these two pheasants popped out on the road, grazing the shoulder, ignoring me completely until they were directly across the road from me on this two lane road. They are usually pretty skittish. I just stood there and took a bunch of images. Better to be lucky than good!
Absolutely! Some of my best shots were pure luck and being at the right place at the right time.