If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jmaes

Supporting Member
Marketplace
During the winter months, lone crested tits hang out in flocks with other species (usually great and blue tits). However, they tend to be at the bottom of the social ladder.

This little guy was constantly being chased off a food source by a couple of great tits. So whenever it would come in, it would have a quick look around, grab some food and be on its way out again in a matter of seconds. This made it a bit challenging to shoot (being in a dark pine forest also doesn't help), but I managed to get a few decent shots.

1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

2.jpg

3.jpg

During the winter months, lone crested tits hang out in flocks with other species (usually great and blue tits). However, they tend to be at the bottom of the social ladder.

This little guy was constantly being chased off a food source by a couple of great tits. So whenever it would come in, it would have a quick look around, grab some food and be on its way out again in a matter of seconds. This made it a bit challenging to shoot (being in a dark pine forest also doesn't help), but I managed to get a few decent shots.

View attachment 81797

View attachment 81798

View attachment 81799
Excellent set Jochen!👍👍👍

View attachment 81797

View attachment 81798

View attachment 81799
Nice Jochen 👍👍

Yes you did! Very much fun to see these.