Factory Reset

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I recently sent Steve an email. Basically to thank him for all the youtubes. Ive been a d500 owner for 2 yrs and loved it.Recently, like last several months, my images have been bad. I got depressed. Watched many exposure youtubes, spent all of last thursday watching most all of Back Country Gallery youtubes. I couldnt find any answer except it was probably my understanding of exposure. So one last thing to do: factory reset, then go thru the menus...again!. well i dont know what was ticked that wasnt supposed to be but a HUGE overnight difference. I now have copied settings to my pc and a sd card just in case. Again, THANK YOU MR PERRY for all you do to help us.

Reactions: Hut
I recently sent Steve an email. Basically to thank him for all the youtubes. Ive been a d500 owner for 2 yrs and loved it.Recently, like last several months, my images have been bad. I got depressed. Watched many exposure youtubes, spent all of last thursday watching most all of Back Country Gallery youtubes. I couldnt find any answer except it was probably my understanding of exposure. So one last thing to do: factory reset, then go thru the menus...again!. well i dont know what was ticked that wasnt supposed to be but a HUGE overnight difference. I now have copied settings to my pc and a sd card just in case. Again, THANK YOU MR PERRY for all you do to help us.
HI Patti

one thing you can do is save your current settings on a memory card. Then if your camera goes awry again, just reload the setting that worked well for you.

Back