Fall colors around the pond

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rassie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
About 50 meters down the road from where I made my recent photos "My Favorite Farm Entrance" is a pond where water birds congregate. There are also a couple of Red-Tail Hawks that hang out there.

Shooting over the pond in the same direction as the farm entrance images, and at the same time of day, yielded this image.

_NZ66728.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Thanks, Callie.
Living on the edge of town I'm within minutes' drive of spots like this. Of course it's in the fall that this location looks at its best. Nothing much to look at in summer, except everything is a lush, uniform green. Perhaps I'll brave it to make an image of this scene in the dead of winter to show the contrast.

Thanks, Callie.
Living on the edge of town I'm within minutes' drive of spots like this. Of course it's in the fall that this location looks at its best. Nothing much to look at in summer, except everything is a lush, uniform green. Perhaps I'll brave it to make an image of this scene in the dead of winter to show the contrast.
Koos, must be an experience, you know the difference from here to there. What works well is if you choose a spot, mark it and then you go back and shoot all 4 seasons. You get really wonderful contrasting images and you can line them up to see the difference.

Back