Fall Colors from Northeastern Minnesota

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Oberg "Mountain" is a nice spot here, my favorite in my home state of Minnesota; a nice hike and it overlooks the trees. Great for birds May-July (black throated blue warblers nest here) but lovely in fall too.

Here's a 5-shot HDR, Z7II, 24-70mm lens; the light was kind of coming out right over Oberg Lake which was nice.

zz oberg II.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Beautiful scene, Paul.
I feel something is off with the processing here. That dull white/grey area on the top right hand side, just below the horizon doesn't look right. It's almost as if one of the colours got blown out since there's no detail in it.

Beautiful scene, Paul.
I feel something is off with the processing here. That dull white/grey area on the top right hand side, just below the horizon doesn't look right. It's almost as if one of the colours got blown out since there's no detail in it.
I think the HDR is over done and has washed out most of the contrast. Great scene. Recently I shot HDR indoors with bright lights and dark interiors. I was able to take only 1 of the HDR shots and adjust brights and shadows to get a really nice image. Might work here.......... Hope so, cause this is a beautiful scene with lots of potential.

I appreciate the feedback, I went back and went with a single image - I noticed that too with the colors missing on some of the trees in the back. Not sure what could have caused that, I was thinking I needed to shoot 5 exposures to properly get everything, but I guess you can do it with one. I think this is slightly better?

z oberg 11.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back