Female Kingfisher

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ralph

Supporting Member
Marketplace
DSC_3930.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Ralph…..I’m beginning to think you have personally trained these kingfishers that likely live with your family.😂 Once again, great sharp shot!
Thanks Larry. I found an area where they frequent next to their burrows. I plant myself there in a comfortable chair and just hang out. Usually they show up eventually. The last couple of times they perched on a dead tree fairly close to where I was sitting. I grabbed several shots before they saw me. While I am waiting other birds usually show up as well. During migration season, there is a great deal of activity.

Nice Ralph! Looks like you are starting to out fox your Kingfishers! Looks like a female.
Thanks Roy. As I mentioned to Larry above, I found an area close to their burrow. Eventually, they perched next to it. The last couple of times they landed close to my location , I manage to get several shots before they realized i was there.

Back