Female lion

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This was shot at my local zoo in St Louis and hopefully one day soon I'll be able to do a safari trip to shoot one of these beautiful creatures in the wild. This was shot in Late October and I've just got around to editing the photos. I hope to be able to get out and do some photography in the wild within the next month or so. I had a major surgery on my right arm in early November that has totally put me out of commission for the last couple months. I can now cautiously/clumsily hold my camera and press the shutter button, so I'm making some progress at least. I thought this beautiful girl really stood out with the concrete wall behind her and the grass in the foreground. I sorta makes me sad to see them in captivity but most zoos do a lot to promote conservation.
Lion.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Are you sure Nimi?
Nature: The phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations.

Thanks for sharing 1209.

Are you sure Nimi?
Nature: The phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations.

Thanks for sharing 1209.

I think your definition would preclude human creations such as cage walls as depicted here.

Back