Few More Loons

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

VTRich

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Went to check on the Loons Weds and still no chicks. I was a bit surprised. We also had some terrible storms and major flooding here in Vermont Weds night. Hoping that did not disrupt the nesting. Had to settle for some portraits, head shakes, and wing flapping!
20240710-ZWLoons24J-2024-July-10-8-296716-NEF.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

ZWLoons24J-2024-July-10-8-296762.jpg

20240710-ZWLoons24J-2024-July-10-8-296460-NEF.jpg

20240710-ZWLoons24J-2024-July-10-8-296486-NEF.jpg

I like the deep green background colors. Are you using a polarizer with this lens? I have been having trouble finding loons this year. I heard one at Blueberry lake in Warren, VT last week but never saw any, haven't seen any this year in Massachusetts either.

I like the deep green background colors. Are you using a polarizer with this lens? I have been having trouble finding loons this year. I heard one at Blueberry lake in Warren, VT last week but never saw any, haven't seen any this year in Massachusetts either.
I love this little pond. The entire pond is surrounded by conifers. which reflect in the water. Many of the ponds in Northeast Vermont have loons.

Back