File management flow for sharing images

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Late reply but I'll chime in with my approach (bird's eye view). I use Lr (Classic) and I have my primary catalog sync'd for sharing. When you share collections, it doesn't count towards your allocated Adobe cloud server space. Makes it very easy to share collections of any size with an unlisted url, or by direct invite (I never had a need to use the latter).

If you want to go further, you can set up a full website using Adobe Portfolio, including a custom domain if you like. Portfolio is included with the $10 monthly Lr / Ps subscription (someone tell me again how Adobe subs are too expensive... it's a bargain for what we get). It's not as robust as say, Squarespace or similar... but there are plenty of features to build a very functional and nice looking site. So easy to use.

For socials, I export everything at 2048 on the long side, highest quality jpg. Anything above that (at least for FaceBook and Instagram) greatly affects the quality with a higher level of compression. I save a temp export folder of jpg's to be uploaded to my Desktop. Once they're uploaded, I delete that temp folder. If I ever need to re-export, no big deal, especially since I leverage the power of organizing events / projects using Lr collections and collection sets.

Hope this helps!
Thank you, it does. I use the LR sharing for proofing with portrait clients or events, but I forgot about the Adobe Portfolio. I had used it once a few years ago. I agree that the Adobe photo subscription is a bargain for what you get.

Back