First focus stack with the 105mmZ Nikon

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Nikon Z6ii Nikon 105mmZ lens Helicon Focus Method C 80 shots
2021-09-09 16-10-01 (C,Smoothing4)-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Great detail and distinct focus. About how long does focus shift take for 80 shots? I still focus stack manually and enjoy the process but this longer process exposes the shot to movement.

Great detail and distinct focus. About how long does focus shift take for 80 shots? I still focus stack manually and enjoy the process but this longer process exposes the shot to movement.
Thank you. I did in camera focus shift shooting and it took about a minute. I did lots of manual focus ones with my 200mm f/4 lens which took quiet a while for sure. The automation sure makes it easier and much quicker.

Super shot! There is no doubt that focus stacking results in a truly stunning image.
Thank you. I really like doing focus stacks and have been using helicon for a few years. I’ve found the best results in camera with a 3-4 step range and 80-120 shots works best with minimal cleanup. It’s a tossup between method B and C but honestly since the last update, it seems like method C works the best more times than not. If I do have to do any cleanup I normally take it over in the photo shop because I never have got the hang of using Helicon’s native tools.

Back