If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NorthernFocus

Supporting Member
Marketplace
@gdecamp was kind enough to invite me to tag along for a morning at Magnolia Gardens. It's definitely a target rich environment this time of year. I mentioned when we were walking in that one bird I've never shot was a green heron. So one landed like 20-30 feet from us. And me with 800mm. I waited around for a while and moving at sloth speed it eventually wandered out where I could get a shot of it.

_NZ93793_D+.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Well done Dan! The green heron that lives on the creek behind our house is very elusive. I am still trying to get a great shot like yours..👍

@gdecamp was kind enough to invite me to tag along for a morning at Magnolia Gardens. It's definitely a target rich environment this time of year. I mentioned when we were walking in that one bird I've never shot was a green heron. So one landed like 20-30 feet from us. And me with 800mm. I waited around for a while and moving at sloth speed it eventually wandered out where I could get a shot of it.
It came out great Dan, so glad you were able to come and get a bird that you haven't had a shot at before! Hope you have a safe trip back and see you next year!!

Nice shot Dan! You always have photos of wildlife I never see as I live in Florida. If you come to Florida I can definitely show you bunches of Green Herons. I don’t get tired photographing them, however, as they are a beautiful bird.

Mr Meanie, all decked in chevrons and a tentative step to put a smile on the dial of the photographer! Congrats Dan! I'm sure they are as mean as ours!

Well done Dan! The green heron that lives on the creek behind our house is very elusive. I am still trying to get a great shot like yours..👍
Thanks, Larry. This one picked a poor spot for photography. Had to wait it out a while.

It came out great Dan, so glad you were able to come and get a bird that you haven't had a shot at before! Hope you have a safe trip back and see you next year!!
Thanks, George. It was a good morning and a new species was a bonus. Not feeling ready to head back north but we are snow birds after all. It's what we do... :)

Nice shot Dan! You always have photos of wildlife I never see as I live in Florida. If you come to Florida I can definitely show you bunches of Green Herons. I don’t get tired photographing them, however, as they are a beautiful bird.
Thanks, Roy. I need to make it down there for sure.

Mr Meanie, all decked in chevrons and a tentative step to put a smile on the dial of the photographer! Congrats Dan! I'm sure they are as mean as ours!
Tentative step indeed. It moved in slow motion.

View attachment 84807
Congratulations Dan. Excellent shot! Looks like George is an excellent guide. And you appear to behaving a blast. Enjoy.👍👍👍

Congrats on your first green heron, Dan. They can be elusive; I usually only see them if I look close inside the mangroves and then I see them sitting still in the shadows.

View attachment 84807
Nice one Dan, stunning birds 👏👏